Mark Patterson is a changemaker pioneering new approaches in career development, inclusive recruitment and contextualized labour market information to drive social and economic change. For more than a decade, he has focused on providing opportunities for diverse job seekers and addressing the needs of employers.
As Executive Director, Mark leads Magnet, a technology enabled social innovation project based at Ryerson University. A first-of-its-kind in North America, Magnet harnesses intelligent matching technology, data and analytics to effectively connect people, businesses, and organizations to opportunity; with the singular goal of helping regions and communities collaborate and grow. Magnet provides the digital infrastructure for Canada’s new Future Skills Centre, a forward-thinking research centre with a focus on how to best prepare Canadians today for workforce opportunities of the future.
Mark serves on the following boards:
- Founding Member of the Future Skills Centre Advisory Board
- National Stakeholder Advisory for the Labour Market Information Council (LMIC)
- Advisory Board member on the “Employers’ Partnership Table” in support of Ontario’s Employment Strategy for People with Disabilities
- Advisory Board for Ontario’s Office of the Fairness Commissioner, which overseas regulated professions in the province of Ontario
- Advisory Board member for Compute Ontario’s Industry Engagement Committee